How to Import OST Files into Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 & 2013
Summary:- Are you looking for how to import OST Files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 & 2013? If yes, this technical blog will provide you with a step-by-step guide to import OST files into Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 & 2013. Additionally, we will discuss the Microsoft OST to PST Converter tool which is one of the best methods to migrate the OST files with accuracy and reliability.
User Query: ”In my company, my manager recently asked me to create a presentation for an upcoming evaluation. I am unable to import the file into Outlook 2016. I am unsure if OST files can be imported into Outlook, but if they can, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to do so quickly and easily. The presentation is due by the end of the day, so this is urgent”
Best and Easy Methods to Add OST Files to Outlook
We have the best four approaches for adding the OST File to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, & 2013. Moreover, the professional method is a reliable and trusted solution and provides various other features to the users. But if you see the same thing with manual methods, then these manual methods are a time-consuming process and are difficult to understand for those who are not from a technical background. Let’s see it all one by one.
Add OST File to Outlook 365 Using Manual Methods
There are various approaches to migrating the OST Files to Outlook, but here we discuss only the three best approaches.
Method 01: The Archive Feature of MS Outlook
Outlook allows users to archive data by converting all items in an OST mailbox to PST format. However, contacts are not archived. Let’s see how it works step-by-step:
- Start Outlook and open the OST file that contains the data you want to export.
- Now, you click on the File tab, then Info, and then Cleanup Tools.
- Select the Archive option from the dialog box, Archive this Folder, and all Subfolders options are selected.
- Select the folders you want to migrate OST into Outlook PST, like Outbox.
- In the Archive items older than the box, you can specify a date. All items received before the specified date will be archived.
- Now select the destination path for the new PST file in the Archive File option.
Method 02: By Import/Export Wizard
You have to sign in to Outlook with the Microsoft Exchange account that is used to create the OST file. Follow the given steps:
- Open Outlook on your PC.
- Go to File > Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, select Outlook Data File, and then click Next.
- Now, choose Outlook Data File (.pst), select all the folders that you need to migrate, and then click Next.
- Browse the specific location where you want to save the new PST file.
- After that, select the appropriate option for duplicate items.
- Click Finish.
Note: The above free conversion method only works when you are connected to Microsoft Exchange Server.
Method 03: Drag and Drop Mailbox Items
This is the easiest method to import OST Files into Outlook 2019. Follow up on the given steps to migrate the OST files to PST Outlook:
- Launch Outlook on your system.
- Open a blank PST file in Outlook.
- Then, drag and drop the required Mailbox folder that you need to import in the blank PST File.
Limitations of the Manual Method
The manual method is free to use, but it also comes with many disadvantages. The following are the disadvantages of manual methods:
- Manual methods are time-consuming especially when dealing with large amounts of data or complex tasks.
- These methods can be inconsistent, as different people may perform the same task in different ways. This can have problems with data accuracy and reliability.
- Sometimes users don’t have technical knowledge, but manual methods require technical knowledge to implement.
Import OST files into Outlook Professionally (Recommended)
Microsoft OST to PST Converter is a powerful tool that can help you open OST files in Outlook 2019 professionally. It offers many features that make it an excellent choice for importing OST files. You can easily convert OST to PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, etc. It also converts all the mailbox items, such as contacts, calendars, events, etc.
- Launch Microsoft OST to PST Converter tool.
- Select the Single File or Multiple Files/Folder and click the Browse button to add the OST files.
- Then, the software will show you all the selected files in a tree structure.
- Choose all the folders that you want to Import OST Files into Outlook.
- Now, select the saving format as PST and you also have multiple features like Remove duplicate emails, Maintain folder Hierarchy, etc.
- Select the Path to Save option and click on the Convert button.
- Finally, all the files are converted successfully.
Features of Professional method
The professional method is the more convenient way to import the OST files to PST Outlook. The above-described tool is the best OST to PST Converter. Here below are some key benefits of the professional method:
- This software allows users to convert the OST file to MBOX, MSG, EML, EMLX, CSV, etc.
- Users can reduce the OST file size by splitting the resultant PST file and can take backup Outlook OST file easily.
- This tool is compatible with all Windows versions and provides the facility to users to open OST file without Outlook.
- It supports OST files of Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and below versions.
In this blog, we have discussed four methods to import OST files into Outlook. The manual methods are easy to use but also have some disadvantages that can lead to data loss. On the other hand, the automated tool offers more features and flexibility to facilitate a smooth and easy process. However, it’s up to you, you can go for any of the above solutions as per your specific needs and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to add OST to Outlook on Mac?
Ans- By using the OST to PST Converter, you can add PST to Outlook on Mac.
1. Launch and run the tool.
2. Browse the OST file and click Next.
3. Then, select the OST file that you want to convert
4. Choose Path to Save and click the Convert button.
Q. Can I convert a 10 GB OST file?
Ans- Yes, the tool supports converting large OST files without any damage or data loss.