Do you want to know how to backup an OST file from Outlook? Are you unsure how to Backup the Outlook OST file to a PST file format? Then this blog is dedicated to all Outlook users who are anxiously looking for a way to complete this task.
The majority of organizations or enterprises favored the Outlook application. This application is beneficial not only for its email capabilities but also for its contacts, tasks, and calendaring capabilities. Furthermore, in offline mode, the Outlook email client application saves all Exchange mailbox data in a local file called OST (Offline storage table file). It means that even if the user’s computer isn’t connected to the internet, they can still view their mailbox data.
However, there are times when a user has to back up an Outlook data file (.ost). So, in this article, we’ll walk you through the procedure step by step, using both manual and automatic approaches. However, if the user cannot complete the procedure using a manual technique, the user can seek assistance from an automatic solution to address the problem.
Reasons to back up your Outlook OST file to a PST
The following are some of the most common reasons to back up an OST file from Outlook.
- To Resolve the Issue of OST File Corruption in the Future – These Outlook OST files, like any other file, are susceptible to corruption. For example, viruses or Malware and a sudden system shutdown might corrupt OST file. So, if you have a recent backup, you can quickly recover the database from the backup.
- To Restore Accidentally Deleted Data – Users may accidentally delete data; however, if they have a backup, they can quickly restore the data from the OST file, avoiding a permanent data loss issue.
- It facilitates data migration from one location to another – Converting an OST file to an Outlook PST file format facilitates data migration from one location to another. It is advantageous if the company moves or if the user has to export important OST file data to another system.
Backup Outlook OST File to PST Format Manually
Manually Perform the Backup Process by Following the Steps
- To begin, open Microsoft Outlook.
- Now go to File and choose Import/Export from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Import / Export Wizard and then the Export to a File option before clicking the Next button.
- Next, select PST as the file format and click Next.
- Next, navigate to the directory to save the resulting PST file, and then click the Finish button.
How to Backup Outlook OST File Data in an Efficient Way
The user can perform the backup process manually. However, if you run into any issues, I recommend using the OST File Repair application. The user may readily backup the data in the OST file mailbox. This application offers a self-explanatory user interface that allows users to take a backup with ease. If you have a corrupted or orphaned OST file, you can also convert it.
The user may desire to backup Outlook data file OST for various reasons. So, based on the information mentioned above, one can figure out how to back up an OST file. We’ve covered both manual and automatic methods in this blog. If the manual method becomes challenging, the user can seek assistance from an expert solution to complete the task.