You may be looking about how to export PST from Office 365 webmail. In this article, you will find different methods to do so. We explained every step in detail so that anyone can migrate the files easily. Before that, let us first learn some basic things about Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 provides online access to Microsoft products like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc. It works on cloud-based technology. However, it works in the same manner as the Offline Office Suite. Office 365 supports PST files for emails.
If you want to migrate the mailbox items from Office 365, you have to follow a complicated procedure. You need to add some permissions and change some settings. However, there is an easier option. But before that, let us first learn some benefits of creating a backup.
Why Should You Export PST from Office 365 Webmail?
You should know the reason to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST. Although there is a list of benefits of creating a backup, some are common and suitable for everyone. We are mainly focusing on that. They are mentioned below.
- The first benefit of exporting the PST file is that it helps you restore the complete mailbox data. If your emails and other files get corrupted or damaged for any reason, you can restore them from the backup. Also, exporting PST emails increase Outlook 365 size.
- Another advantage is that it protects your file from a data breach or data theft. When your emails are in the local drive, they are comparatively safer. Also, you can save them from virus or malware attacks, Outlook down issues, etc.
Now, you know the benefits of email migration. It’s time to learn – How do I export emails from Outlook 365 Web?
How Do I Export a .PST File from Webmail?
There are two techniques to export PST from Office 365 webmail. The first technique is the manual method in which you perform some steps in the Office 365 account to migrate the files. It is an effective technique but suitable for advanced users.
1. Manual Method to Export
Add an eDiscovery Manager
- Log in to your Microsoft Office 365 account. Click on the Admin icon.
- Next, go to the Security and Compliance tab.
- After that, select the Permissions option, and choose the ediscovery Manager option to create a new permission.
- Press the Edit option beside the eDiscovery Administrator option.
Find the Desired Emails
- After adding an eDiscovery Manager, return to the previous menu. Click on the Security and Compliance option.
- Now, choose the Search and Investigation option from the list.
- After that, click on the Content Search option. It will locate the desired emails.
- Next, create the new search query by pressing the New Search icon.
- In the Add Conditions wizard, you will see various types of filters. To enable any filter, tick the particular condition and press the Add button.
- Specify a location for migration. You can choose complete mailbox migration or migration of some selected mailbox files. Click on the Modify option to choose selected emails.
- After selecting the location, click on the Save & Run button. It will open the Save Search window.
- Fill the Name and Description field with the required details. At last, press the Save button.
Export PST from Office 365 Webmail
- After performing the above steps, go back to the Content Search page to evaluate the search operation.
- Press the Refresh button and then open the query. It will open a new wizard.
- Check for the completion of the search and then press the Export results icon.
- Next, if you want to change any settings on the Export Result page, tick that particular option. Click on the Export button to initialize the file conversion.
- Again, on the Content Search page, select the Export tab. You will see the progress of PST migration.
- After that, press the Download result option and then copy the generated Export key.
- Use this export key in the eDiscovery Export tool to start the PST migration from Office 365. Click on the Start button.
- After the completion of migration, press the Close button.
After following the above steps, you will be able to export PST from Office 365 webmail. However, this procedure is not ideal for naive users. They can not perform these complicated steps. The most effective and suitable technique is the automatic method. In this technique, you use a third-party solution to transfer Office 365 data.
2. Automated Solution to Export PST Files
Aryson Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool is the best option to export PST from Office 365 webmail. It gives you multiple exclusive features to make the conversion more specific. The procedure to save Outlook webmail data is simple. Therefore, you can migrate Office 365 emails in a few simple steps using this Office 365 backup tool. Also, It has a simple and interactive user interface. In conclusion, it is the best solution to export PST from Office 365 online.
We have described all the methods to export PST from Office 365 webmail. In a manual technique, you migrate the data by performing some simple steps. Although it is an effective way to export mailboxes from Outlook, it is only not suitable for naive users. Therefore, the ideal option is to use an automatic tool for email migration. Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool is a fast and effective tool for email migration and saving them on your local machine. Thanks for reading this blog. I hope you found it interesting.