Are you planning to leave your job? Then make sure that you take the back up of all your emails. You might need them for the future reference, or maybe you want to export emails from Outlook to take a backup so if in case your Outlook PST file gets corrupt, which happens quite frequently.
In any scenario, taking a backup of your email is a wise decision. Even if you are accessing a web service like Outlook.com or Gmail, it is always a good idea to choose a desktop client like Outlook in order to download all your emails so that you have the back up of all your emails locally. Big web giants like Microsoft and Google are strong enough to face any corruption, but you never know what’s in store for you.
In this blog, I will guide you to export your Outlook emails in Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016. I will also be discussing the process of exporting Outlook in Mac. Ironically, the actual Import and Export Wizard is almost the same for all versions, but the procedure of getting the wizard has altered.
How to Export Emails from Outlook?
nce you have exported all your mails from the Outlook, save that file in the external hard drive or take its back on the alternate email id. The method of exporting email totally depends on which version of Outlook you are exporting from and what is the purpose of exporting the mail. Where you want to save it when the process the complete.
How to Export Emails to a PST File
Export items by creating an Outlook .pst file. It is a file for the personal storage which contains all your credentials like your emails, address book, signatures, etc. You can take a backup of a .pst file and further transfer it to an Outlook on the other system, a new version of Outlook, or a different operating system.
- Click to open an Outlook, then further click on the File tab and select Info.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Go to the Account Settings dialog box, now click on the Data tab or the Data Files tab, select the file name, then choose Open Folder Location or Open File Location.
- In Windows File Explorer, copy the .pst at any location on your system or any removable storage media, such as a flash drive.
How to Save OLM from Outlook 2011 Mac
If you have configured the Mac version of the office, then the export procedure is totally different. This is so because of the different file formats. On the Mac Book, they give only one option that is Outlook for Mac Archive File (.OLM).
- Click on File then select Export from the drop-down tab. A dialog box will pop up from which you can select the items to be exported to the archive file.
- For Mac data file select Outlook.
- Choose items to be exported the select the mail checkbox.
- Click on the right arrow to continue.
- Click on Continue and select the destination where you want to save the file and that’s about it. Outlook will start the process.
- When the Export procedure completes, a message will appear, click on Finish to exit.
FOR OUTLOOK 2016 FOR MAC
- Select Export from the Tools tab.
- In the option Export to Archive File (.olm) dialog box, click the Mail check box, then select Continue.
- Select download in the archive file (.olm) as a dialog box, then hit Save.
- Outlook will start exporting the file.
- Once the Export process is done message appears, click on Finish to exit.
How to Export Emails from Outlook to Gmail
All your email messages can be exported from Outlook to Gmail account, but you should have the source and option to do so. One of the simplest ways is to add your Gmail account to Outlook and copy/paste the folders. There are some more options that I will be discussing in this blog. They are as follows:
- Firstly you have to set up your Gmail account in Outlook.
- Now Open Outlook and choose the folder that has the email messages which you want to export to Gmail, or Eg: your Inbox or saved emails.
- Hit Ctrl+A to choose all the emails in the folder. Or, press and hold Ctrl while you select the respective email to be sent to Gmail.
- Now do the Right-click anywhere on the selected email messages, point to Move, then select Other Folder.
- In the Move Items dialog box, select your Gmail account, choose the folder where you want to export your emails. Or, select New to create a new folder in your Gmail account.
- Select OK to move the selected emails.
How to Move Outlook Emails to Microsoft Excel
This is one of the alternates to export your outlook mail. You can send them to your excel sheet. Now let’s discuss how it is done, step by step:
- Select Open & export in the File option now select File > Open.
- Choose Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file and then select Next.
- Choose Microsoft Excel or Comma Separated Values, then select Next.
- Select the desired email folder from which you want to export messages, hit Next.
- Choose the folder in which you want to save the exported emails.
- Name the exported file and select OK.
- Select Next>> Finish.
- Wait for the process to complete, once done, the new Excel file is ready for your access.
I have discussed all the possible ways to export outlook emails to various other webmails by manual methods, which again is the tidies process. Here at Arysons Technologies, we have the easy way out to export all your emails from Outlook in one go.
- Launch the PST File Converter and click on the Add button.
- Select the respective PST file and click on the open button.
- Select a single Mode and the desired format to save the file. Then click on the Next button.
- Now choose the PST file which you want to convert, then click on the Convert button.
- If you have chosen the save as MBOX option then select the alternate saving option as per your choice. Now hit Apply button.
- If you have selected save as others in place of MBOX then choose the preferred saving format such as Gmail, EML, PDF, etc.
- Choose other saving features also. Likewise date range and naming convention.
- Select the desired location where you want to save the data and click on OK button.
- Once the conversion of the PST file is completed click on the OK button.
Now I have introduced the Outlook PST Converter tool to export emails from Outlook. This is one of the easiest ways of exporting your data from Outlook to some other webmail. In this blog, I have also discussed the manual ways to export data but a third-party tool is always the best solution to export your email on any given day. It not only export your data hassle-free but also prevents it from any kind of malware.