Outlook is one of the most globally used email clients. Its present number of users has even crossed the mark of 400 million worldwide. It is managed and operated by Microsoft that takes care of its servers at all times. However, due to the increasing number of users regularly, the tech giant has some issues managing the downtime of servers. Due to that, users have to sometimes face the issue of Outlook down. MS Office does not open or respond sometimes, which leaves the users stranded.
In this blog, we will be talking about the Outlook server down issue. If you are an Outlook user and at some point or the other faced this issue, then this blog will be very helpful for you. We have seen numerous questions in different forms that mean the same like is Microsoft Outlook down, is Office 365 mail down, is my Microsoft Outlook mail is slowing down, is Outlook Down currently, is there a problem with Outlook 365 today. Also, if your question is one of these, then you are at the right place.
Most users have made their accounts on Microsoft Office 365 because of the security it offers and also for its flexible features. In addition to the email services, users can also take advantage of the features like calendars, contacts, tasks, journals, notes, etc. It stores its emails on the cloud, making use of the server. Outlook downloading mail from the last several years from the servers that are running round the clock to provide fluent services.
Perhaps, the Outlook down problem is encountered when the servers cannot catch up with the amount of data they are receiving. Before we go into the details about this issue, let us make ourselves acquainted with the reasons that lure users to utilize the Office 365 application.
Reasons to Use Microsoft Outlook
There are various reasons to use the Microsoft email client. However, the most common ones are mentioned below.
- It is one of the safest email clients that ensure the Outlook data security and privacy of user data. Microsoft has its name around the globe for its robust services, and it has shown all its effort in the services of Office 365 as well.
- To enjoy the additional features in addition to the email services that the other email clients rarely offer.
- It enables the users to import multiple email accounts into it through the IMAP and POP3 servers. You can synchronize your email clients and Outlook in a single place that solves a lot of problems for the users.
- It allows exporting the emails as a backup to the system. It helps the users to take the backup of their emails and use them whenever required.
All these reasons show us the importance of Microsoft’s email client. Now, let us move forward to the issue of Outlook down. You can face this problem either because of your local network or PC or from the Microsoft end.
When the mail server down issue pops up, you will not be able to access your account and emails. So, you should first know why you are seeing this error and is there some other issue or is Outlook down?
How to Know if Outlook is down?
You can go through the below points to find out the Outlook status and to know if the email client is working or not.
- You can always visit the Microsoft 365 Service Status page to find out its working status it. They are marks in front of the services that show their status. If there is a green mark in front of the application, then it is working, otherwise, Microsoft is working on some issue, and it is down.
- Similarly, there are various websites available that allow you to check the status of applications, just like Microsoft. If the email client is down for all the users or a majority of users, it will show on these pages.
- Twitter is also a great platform for getting recent happenings. Anything that happens around the globe is on Twitter in an instant because someone or the other instantly tweets about it. Outlook down twitter trend can make you aware if you are the only one facing this issue or if Outlook is down for everyone.
Once you know if your email client is down, you would be curious to understand the reasons behind it. You can find most of them mentioned below.
Why is Outlook not Working?
The below-listed points may be the reasons for your email application not working.
- Your internet connection is not working or is not stable.
- The Work Offline option of Outlook may not be toggled.
- You may not have the latest updates from Microsoft.
- The Microsoft server settings may be irregular or inaccurate.
- The Windows time and region settings may be hindering the working of the email services provider.
All the above points may be the issues stopping the efficient working of your email.
If it is down from Microsoft’s end, you cannot do anything but wait for them to fix it. However, if you can view the working status of Microsoft on the Service site, then it may be an issue from your end. Try the below hacks to eliminate any problems causing this issue.
Tips to Fix Outlook Down Issue
The following tips can help you to fix your Outlook server issue.
- Restart your email application or the Web Browser. Sometimes, due to the memory issue, the browser does not allow some permissions hindering the performance of the email client. Closing and opening the program again may clear this issue.
- Similarly, restart your computer to view the results. The temporary or cache files can create a problem in the working that gets cleared up when you restart your computer.
- Clearing the browser cache can also allow you to view your emails and get your Outlook back up as they fill the memory and can create problems.
- The DNS cache should also be cleared to make sure it works properly. To flush it, you use the command prompt. In the Command Prompt app, type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter.
- The Outlook down issue is mostly due to internet connectivity issues. To make sure your internet does not have any problem, restart your Router. Shut off your router and wait at least 30 seconds before you start it again.
- You also need to disable the add-ins to ensure the smooth working of your email account. These add-ons hinder the sending and receiving of emails resulting in the inefficiency of the application.
You can fix the Outlook down problem using the above hacks. Nonetheless, if you are still unable to solve the issue of the Exchange server not working, then you can go for another solution.
You can backup all your emails or migrate your emails to another email client using the Hotmail Backup Tool. It is a prominent software to save emails in multiple file formats like PST, PDF, MBOX, DOCX, EMLX, JSON, etc. Moreover, you can migrate emails into Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, Office 365, Zoho Mail, etc.
Here, we have discussed the Outlook down issue in detail. How it can pop up, why it shows, how to solve the issue, all these questions have been answered. The solutions for this issue mentioned can assist you to tackle the error so that they can use Outlook mail effectively. Furthermore, if you want to use a professional tool, you can backup and migrate your emails using the Hotmail Backup Tool. Thanks for visiting this blog.