The PST file is also known as a personal storage folder table file that stores personal mailboxes in MS Outlook. Whenever the PST file surpasses the storage limit, the performance of Outlook decreases, and also these large PST files crash Outlook. The risk of corruption and data loss of PST files are directly related to the storage limit of the Outlook PST file. It can ruin your accessibility to the mailbox, and worst, you can lose your data. So it’s better to split PST files in Outlook for a healthy PST file.
So, to avoid these types of situations and to save the data from any damage, the most common method is to divide large PST(s) into smaller parts. Theoretically, it seems to be very easy to split large PST files, but practically it is not too straight. The manual method of dividing PST files asks for the technical hands and consumes time. It is confusing until you have the professional PST Splitter Tool.
Before knowing the procedure to split PST files in Outlook 2016/10/07/03, discuss some of the reasons for the term “Why”?
Reasons to Split Large PST Files?
As we discussed, the most common reason for splitting the Outlook PST file is the storage issue. Huge files are always generating chances of data corruption.
- To increase the Outlook utility performance, heave and large files worsen performance.
- For easy access to file data nor you have to export emails from Outlook to make it accessible.
After discussing all the possible reasons, now initiate some manual methods to divide Outlook PST files.
How to Split PST Files in Outlook 2016/10/07/03 – Manually
To split the large PST files, you can opt for the given different methods:
Method 1: Using Import and Export Option
The Import and Export option will help you smoothly to divide PST files in Outlook. Follow the steps:
Open Outlook utility on the system.
- Then click the File->Open & Export->Import/Export.
- In the Export & Import wizard, find the Export to a file option and click on Next.
- Now, find Outlook Datta File (.pst) from the Export File wizard and hit the Next button.
- After this Export Outlook Data File window will appear, select the folders to export and export subfolder>>Inculde sub-folders option.
- Now, for saving the exported file, choose the Browse tab, and for stopping the exportation of duplicate items, press on the “Do not export duplicate items”.
- In the last, set a password for the PST file, you can cancel the password setup option.
By going through these steps, you can divide large PST files in Outlook. Was this difficult? Now, move to the next method.
Method 2: By the Archive Wizard to Split Large PST Files
In the absence of the professional PST Splitter Tool, with the help of the Archive Wizard feature, we can also split PST files into smaller parts. Follow the steps:
- Open the MS Outlook, and go to File->Info->Cleanup Tools->Archive.
- Now, select the desired Archive folder, choose a date before which you want to Archive the items.
- After that, click on the Browse button for saving the items and provide them a name.
- In the end, click OK to confirm to add new PST file in Outlook at the desired location. The purpose of reducing the size of the PST file was completed, successfully.
By following the above manual methods, one can easily split the large PST files. But this manual method has some drawbacks, which are given below:
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- There are many chances of permanent data loss.
- No guarantee of Data Security.
- Consume time in processing.
- It requires technical knowledge to perform.
- Not an easy task one can lose command over the procedure at any time.
Now, Know How to split pst files without Outlook?
To escape from these problems, go for the automated solution of using a splitter program.
Method 3: Using Professional PST Splitter Tool
Another perfect method to divide Outlook files into smaller parts by using a third-party spitter program. However, choosing the perfect one is a difficult task. Users can go for the PST Splitter Tool which’s technologically advanced with some amazing algorithms. It can split pst files without Outlook. It offers various advantageous features, such as:
- Splitting large PST files into smaller parts smoothly.
- Swiftly scans the Outlook PST files by the Date, Size, and Email-id.
- Supports the ANSI and UNICODE PST files.
- User-friendly GUI.
- Saves times.
- Easily used by a non-tech user.
- Compatible with all variants of Windows and Outlook.
Users now know the different solutions by which they can easily split large Outlook email files in Outlook 2016/10/07/03. Also, they are acquainted with the drawbacks and benefits associated with them. If looking for seamless trust then, put your faith in the PST Splitter Tool. It can also split PST files without Outlook. The reason being, it provides extraordinary benefits and rich features. Thank you! and visit this blog regularly.