Complete Guides to Import PST to Office 365 Step-by-Step
Summary:- You have a few options to import PST files into your Microsoft 365 mailbox. PST files can be manually transferred using Outlook, Azure AzCopy, and Drive Shipping. If the above methods don’t work for you, then you can also opt for the PST to Office 365 migration Tool which is a professional solution to import PST to Office 365.
Microsoft’s Office 365 is an excellent email client for sending and receiving emails. All data files are kept up to date and stored on the cloud. It has a user-friendly interface that draws users from all over the world. You can also access your data from anywhere, at any time. Outlook, however, can only be used with a specific system. It can be difficult to use for certain users because it has so many complex features, which can make it challenging to utilize the simpler but arguably more important features like email and schedule. So let’s move ahead to the next segment to learn how to open PST file in Outlook 365.
Effective Ways to Import PST to Microsoft 365 Using Different Methods
Here, we are providing you several methods to upload PST to Office 365.
Method 1: Use Outlook Import/Export Option
The PST file can be imported and exported in Outlook to migrate data. Let’s proceed and examine the importation procedure.
- Navigate to File> Open & Export > Import/Export in Outlook.
- Click the Next button after selecting Import from another program or File.
- After selecting Outlook Data File (.pst), click Next.
- Browse the location where you want to save the resulting File.
- To import, select your Office 365 account and click Finish.
Following the above steps, you can complete the first significant step to import PST to Office 365. So let’s move on to the following method.
Method 2: Import PST Files into Office 365 Through Network Upload Using Azure AzCopy Tool
This procedure is helpful while importing files smaller than 20 GB. Here, we have described the instructions that you need to follow.
Step 1: Assign User Import Role
- Open the Exchange Admin Center, go to the Roles >> Admin Roles, and then hit Import/Export.
- Go to the Assigned tab, click Add, and select the user you want to assign importation of the PST file role.
- Search for the user and click Add.
Step 2: Generate Import Job
To import PST to Office 365, create an import job to upload PST files to Azure Storage; go through the instructions below.
- Open the homepage and go to Data lifecycle management and click Import.
- Select Import PST Files.
- Enter the job name in the Add New import job option.
- Proceed ahead by clicking Next and selecting data in the Select Import Job Type >> Next.
- Hit the Show network upload SAS URL.
- Press Copy to clipboard, then tap Download Azure AzCopy.
- Now, the Azure AzCopy tool is downloaded for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Step 3: Upload PST Files to Azure Storage
Follow the below steps to import Outlook data files to Office 365 by uploading the PST file to Azure Storage.
- Once the utility has been downloaded, extract it to the Desktop and copy the PST file folder there. Alternatively, connect the disc if the PST files are on an external media.
- Using the ‘cd’ command, open Command Prompt and go to the extracted folder on the Desktop where the azcopy.exe program is placed.
- Open the tool and run the below command to upload the PST file.
AzCopy copy “pathToFolder/ContainingPST” “SAS URL” –recursive=true
Please wait for the PST file to be uploaded; it should not exceed 20 GB to import PST to Office 365.
Step 4: Verify the Outlook PST files you’ve uploaded
- Launch the installer after downloading it, then select Install for me alone.
- Run the Azure Storage Explorer once the installation is complete.
- Paste the SAS URL you had copied into the Blob container SAS URL: field after choosing Blob container > Shared access signature URL (SAS).
- Now, select Next and hit the Connect button.
Finally, you can see the PST folder under the File Share option.
Step 5: Create the Mapping of the Outlook PST Files
- Map the PST to the user mailboxes because you must guarantee that PSTs are appropriately imported into user mailboxes on Microsoft 365.
- To import mail items, enter the FilePath (folder name), Name, Mailbox, and TargetRootFolder after leaving the Workload field blank and saving the CSV file.
Step 6: Start the Process of PST Import Job
Return the Office 365 Import data wizard and complete the following steps to launch the PST import:
- Click on I have access to the mapping file and finish uploading my files. Click Next.
- Tap Validate after pressing +Select Mapping File. Then hit the Next button. Download the logs and look them over if validation fails.
- After clicking Submit, press Done.
- Inspect the development at Information Governance.
- The notification will change to Import done once it has been imported.
- You can examine the folder and mail items by logging into your Office 365 account, where PST is imported.
All mail items should now be available to users.
Method 3: Import PST to Office 365 Using a Professional Solution
PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is the ultimate software to import PST files to office 365. It allows users to import PST mailbox data, including emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes, to Office 365 accounts. Using this tool, you can easily migrate single and multiple files to Office 365. It has a user-friendly interface that is easily operable by non-technical people also.
Follow the below steps to import PST to online archive Office 365:
- Download and Install the PST to Office 365 Migration Tool.
- Select the PST file/folder you want to upload, then press Open.
- Click on the Next button to preview the selected PST file.
- To proceed, click Next and choose Office 365 from the options.
- Enter the login details of your Office 365 account to Sign In.
- Select the sub-account from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- You can choose the Remove Duplicate Items option to delete identical emails while importing and other built-in features.
- Hit the Convert button to initiate the import process.
- Wait till the process is completed, then download the report after the completion of the process.
Following the above steps, you can import PST to Office 365 account with efficiency and 100% guaranteed security.
You’ll find two manual ways to import PST to Office 365 in this blog. However, there are several drawbacks to these approaches that could affect your PST data and occasionally even result in data loss. Fortunately, this article also mentions a reliable method for transferring data from PST files to O365. Choosing one of the strategies mentioned above is entirely up to you. Although to import PST data in bulk, we advise using a professional strategy.