If you are an Outlook user and facing problems we couldn’t create the Outlook data file error, this article will prove to be helpful for you. Here we will tell you the methods to solve the issue. Apart from that, we will also talk about why this problem arises.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the advanced email clients. It can manage multiple email accounts effectively. Also, it helps you manage contacts, calendars, events, etc. Most users want to add their email account to Outlook because of all these benefits.
However, when you try to add an email account to Microsoft Outlook, it shows we could not create the Outlook data file error message. This message appears because there are some reasons that avoid you adding your email account.
Let’s learn what are the reasons for this error.
Reasons Why You Can Not Create New Email in Outlook 2016
Before fixing an error, we should know the reason for the error. Then we can perform some methods to solve the issue. The error we couldn’t create the Outlook data file is caused by several reasons. You may have one or more like cannot open particular Outlook items, or any other issue. But fortunately, you can fix the issue and add your account to Outlook through some simple steps. The email account adding problem generally arises due to the following reasons:
- Outlook bugs: Microsoft Outlook also has bugs in the program. A bug is an error and flaw in the software. These bugs cause we couldn’t create the Outlook data file error, and users become unable to add a new email account.
- Google account: A common scenario for everyone facing the issue is that they all have a Gmail account. When they try to add their email ID to Outlook, the error message pops up on the screen. So, you need to check the app password to login successfully.
- Simplified Account Creation Wizard: This is a new feature added to Microsoft Outlook to create email accounts easily. However, this is also one of the main reasons for the error message. If this is the reason for the issue, you can fix it by simply disabling the feature.
How to Fix We Couldn’t Create the Outlook Data File Error?
After knowing the main reasons for the error, you can learn how to fix it and we can not create Outlook profile errors. A single method cannot fix the issue for every reason. One procedure is specific to a particular cause. Below are some easy techniques you can adopt to solve the problem.
#1. Free up Available Hard Disk Space
- Click on the File Explorer icon.
- Select Computer from the left pane.
- Check the remaining space under the hard disk icon.
- If the disk space becomes full, you have to free up the drive by deleting unnecessary data or running a cleaner tool.
#2. Remove Write Protection from a Hard Disk
- Open the Run window by pressing Win+R.
- Write the diskpart in the blank space and click OK.
- It will run the diskpart.exe. Type the following set of commands and press Enter after each command.
- list disk
- select disk (number)
- attributes disk clear read-only
- After disabling the read-only protection, type exit and press Enter to close the command prompt.
#3. Check Gmail account security options
The error we couldn’t create the Outlook data file appears mostly with Gmail accounts. So, you have to verify the Google security options. If the issue arises due to an incorrect app password, you need to generate an app password to log in to your Gmail account in MS Outlook.
#4.Disable Simplified Account Creation
- Open the Run window by pressing Win+R.
- Type regedit in the blank field and press OK.
- It will open the Registry Editor. Now, follow the path below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Office > 16.0 > Outlook > Setup
- After reaching the path, right-click in the blank space. Choose New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Rename the file as DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation.
- Double-click on the file and type 1 in the Value Data field, and press OK.
- Therefore, the Simplified Account Creation feature has been disabled.
All the above solutions help you to log in to your email account to Outlook. However, if the problem persists, you can opt for some other alternative.
Alternate Ways to Add an Account to the Outlook
By performing the above steps, you can log in to your account. The method of adding your account will remain the same. But sometimes, the above steps are not sufficient to fix we couldn’t create the Outlook data file error. In such a case, you can choose an alternate way to add an email account to Outlook. The error message states that you have no option to create Outlook data files. But actually, you can add email accounts to MS Outlook in different ways.
#1 Use Manage profile option in Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and click on the File option in the menu bar.
- In the Info section, click on the Account Settings and then choose the Manage Profile option.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen. Select the Email Accounts button.
- It will open the Account Settings window. Click on the New button in the Email tab.
- Fill in all the details required, and your email account will get added to Outlook.
#2 Create an Account Using Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel.
- Type mail in the search bar.
- Click on the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) (32-bit) option.
- It will launch the Mail Setup window. Click on the Email Accounts button.
- Click on the New button from the Email tab in the Account Settings window.
- Fill in the necessary details to complete the account setup. Your email ID will get added to Microsoft Outlook.
The above ways are suitable to add a new email account to Outlook. However, these steps are tough to perform for new users. The best way for non-technical users to fix problems we couldn’t create the Outlook data file error is through using third-party software. Outlook PST Repair tool is an appropriate software to repair Outlook PST files.
You can fix the created Outlook data file (.pst) error through various manual methods, but they are tough to perform and time taking. So, the best solution for this problem is using the Outlook PST repair tool. We couldn’t create the Outlook data file error message also appears when the Outlook data files got corrupted. So, you can repair the Outlook PST files through professional software. Thanks for reading this blog.