When we are about to use email at a personal level, the first email client that comes to our mind is Google Gmail Email. For communication, all businesses, even the most inexperienced ones, use Gmail. It is the single email client that offers so many services and security features to its users. But sometimes users seek to export Google Gmail emails to PDF. So, in this article, we will discuss how we can save Gmail in PDF format.
Before we begin our journey to learn how to convert Gmail emails into PDF documents, let’s take a moment to consider why users might want to migrate their Gmail accounts to the Portable Document Format.
Why do Users Want to Save Gmail as PDF Document?
Even though Gmail offers the full range of customer needs, users occasionally want to convert their emails. The following list includes a few of them.
- The name “PDF” stands for “Portable Document File,” which encapsulates its primary characteristic of portability.
- It is hard to make changes in the PDF format.
- This PDF file format is trustworthy because it enables password protection for its users.
- A PDF file is simple to share.
- There is no need for an internet connection to access a PDF file.
- It doesn’t require any kind of application to open it.
- You can use it in hard copy as well as on any mobile device, laptop, or personal computer.
These are some user-based requirements that might force users to migrate Gmail items into PDF. Now, discover a few manual methods for PDF exporting from Gmail.
How to save Gmail emails with attachments manually?
We’ve already covered some advantages of PDF, which some users find compelling enough to convert their Gmail to PDF. You can convert Gmail emails into PDFs manually using a few different methods. Some of them are explained below.
Method 1: Print Command to Export Emails from Gmail to PDF
To use this method, follow the instructions.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Open your Gmail that you wish to convert into PDF.
- Click the three dots in the right corner.
- Next, choose the Print command.
- Then, in the subsequent wizard, a layout asks you to control the print setting.
- Choose “Save As PDF” from the Destination drop-down menu in the settings.
- You can also manage the page layout settings by clicking on the “More Settings” tab.
- Lastly, click the “Save” button to export Google Gmail emails to PDF.
- Next, decide where you want the converted email to go in the following panel.
- Tap the “Save” button once more.
- In order to verify that your Gmail emails were saved as PDFs, proceed to the chosen location.
Note: The Print icon can also be used to complete the aforementioned actions if you have attachments.
Constraints of the Above Method
If you manually save multiple Gmail emails as PDFs, then you may face some of the problems described below.
- You can only export one email at a time using this method; multiple emails cannot be exported into PDF.
- When you save multiple emails at once, there might be a lot of confusion.
- You need extra space for every email while saving it as a PDF.
- You must have technical knowledge before deciding on this approach.
- This process is lengthy and takes a lot of time to execute this method.
As previously mentioned, this method does not successfully save multiple Gmail messages into PDF. However, as a professional, you don’t have enough time to save each PDF individually. Using a professional tool is recommended if you want to save multiple emails at once. The following technique will teach us how to export multiple emails into PDF.
Method 2: Use an Automated Tool to Save Multiple Gmail Emails as PDFs
The automated Gmail Backup Tool offers you the ability to convert multiple Gmail emails into PDFs. Additionally, you can also export emails to multiple file formats like PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, EMLX, and others. Moreover, you can also migrate your Gmail to various email clients like Office 365, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook, iCloud, and others. The best feature of this tool is its ability to export multiple Gmail emails into PDFs at once. You can run this software by following the steps.
Steps to Export Google Gmail Emails to PDF
- Download and install Gmail Backup Tool and run the software as an administrator.
- In the following wizard, enter the required credentials and sign in with the Google button.
- Then the software shows you multiple Google apps; out of them, select Gmail.
- The tool then displays the folders’ tree structures in Gmail.
- From the list, select the folders, then select PDF as the saving format.
- Manage the utility’s features according to your needs.
- Following that, give your folder a name and decide where you want the resulting file to go.
- Finally, click the convert button to export Google Gmail emails to PDF.
Manual versus automated approaches has different characteristics.
The following are some distinctions between manual and automated methods. A few of them are listed below.
- With a manual approach, you can save Gmail as a PDF document only one at a time. Whereas the automated tool offers you to save multiple Gmail emails as PDF.
- If you choose the manual method, you are only able to save Gmail in PDF format; otherwise, you can save Gmail in a variety of file formats.
- While the automated approach is simple to use, the manual method is very time-consuming.
- Technical expertise is required to export Google Gmail emails to PDF, but with a professional tool, this is not necessary.
In this write-up, we have discussed the manual approach to Export Google Gmail emails to PDF. we have also discussed the professional tool that can help to come out all the rids during the procedure to save Gmail as PDF Document.