Article Summary: The article portrays all about the deleted files, where they go after deletion and the best possible way to restore deleted items in Outlook for Windows.
Deletion of a file can be a terrible situation for the users, whether it was deleted intentionally or accidental deletion. These files contain important information like emails, contacts, calendars, events, journals etc. But, no need to worry. I will discuss some free and best procedure with which you can easily recover or restore deleted items in Outlook 2016.
So, without wasting time furthermore let’s carry forward the above discussion.
The first question that arises is where do the deleted contacts and other mail items go from Outlook?
There are chances any mail item that you delete is still kept or hidden from normal view for at least a few weeks and even longer. So, you can recover them. Deleted calendar and other items are found typically at these locations:
- At a backup location (in the cloud,on your system or with your email provider).
- In the Deleted Items folder (in your email account or Outlook),
- May be hidden from regular view (with IMAP email accounts),
- Under Recoverable Items (with Office 365 and Exchange accounts)\
Restore deleted items in Outlook for Windows
To recover and restore your accidentally deleted items in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007, you have to go through the manual steps that I am going to explain below.
The first place you have to look is Deleted items or Trash folder. Search for your email or other item, right click on it. Then, select move and later click on other folder.
There might be a possibility that you still don’t find your deleted items. So, follow the below steps.
Recover deleted or missing items in Outlook from deleted items folder
If in deleted items folder, you don’t find your items, the next place you have to
- Make empty the Deleted Items folder.
- Deleted the mailbox items even from the Deleted Items folder.
- Have permanently deleted the item using Shift+Delete.
Now, go through the below steps.
- Run Outlook.
- Go to the email folder list and click on deleted items.
- Locate your accidentally deleted email. Right click on it and click on move, further click on other folders.
- If you want to move your items to Inbox, select Inbox.
- Do one of the following to recover your deleted contact, calendar, event, task etc.
- To recover a deleted calendar item, right-click it, then click Move-Other Folder-Calendar, then click OK.
- To restore a deleted item in Outlook i.e. contacts, right-click it, then click Move-Other Folder-Contacts, then click OK.
- To recover a deleted task, right-click it, then click Move-Other Folder-Tasks and hit a click on OK.
Recover mail items that are not in deleted items folder
If you have permanently deleted the items, you’ll have to retrieve other option to recover them back. You’ll have to recover deleted items in Outlook from the server of Outlook using the following procedure.
- Run MS Outlook.
- Go to the email folder list and click on Deleted Items.
- Now, making sure Home is selected click on Recover Deleted Items From Server.
- Further, select the items you want to recover, click Restore Selected Items, and then click OK.
Restore deleted items in Outlook using automated method
There are some possibilities that manual techniques do not work or it may work for some users but not for others. In that scenario, there is an option to adopt an automated method of using a professional software to recover deleted items in Outlook for Windows. It is an easy and reliable solution and helps you to recover all your calendars, contacts, events, tasks, journals etc. in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.
There are many times when mailbox items are accidentally get deleted. But, to restore deleted items in Outlook i.e. emails, contacts, calendars, events, to-do lists etc. is possible using certain manual techniques. However, these manual methods sometimes work and sometimes don’t work. In that scenario, it is advisable to use a professional Outlook PST Repair software.
Although the manual methods are free but following them is a tedious task. So, it is totally up to you whether you want to use manual or automated method. Hope it helps.