You can send Office 365 mailboxes to PST using a variety of methods. But you can’t choose any random method. So, in this article, we will explain the best backup strategies for Office 365. Therefore, read this article carefully.
Microsoft Office 365 allows you to access all Office suite software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. Cloud technology that stores data on a server. Office 365 provides you with a variety of advanced features. However, despite all these things, you still need to back up your mailbox files to your system.
Normally, Office 365 does not have the default settings for backing up mailbox files. However, it does give you the option to submit your information. You need to make the appropriate changes to your Office 365 email migration account. Before moving on to the migration route, we should know why it is important to submit the Microsoft 365 mailbox details.
Reasons to save Office 365 Archive Boxbox in PST?
There are several benefits of exporting Office 365 mailboxes to PST. The task is not easy but if you know the reason for the move, you can easily find a good way to back up. So, let’s learn all the main reasons for email migration.
- The first reason to save the Office 365 Export PST mailbox is that you can protect your data from accidental data loss. If you are unable to access your emails due to file corruption or other reasons, you can easily restore your data from the backup.
- Also, downloading your emails to your system has the advantage of protecting them from data leaks. A file on the system is relatively secure than a server file.
These are great reasons to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST files. Now, we have to read – How do I send a mailbox from Office 365 to PST?
How Do I Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST?
The two main approaches to migrating your Office 365 mailbox files are the manual approach and the professional approach. In the first method, you download the mailbox by using the inbuilt features of Office 365. However, you must have the technical knowledge to perform the steps. In the second approach, you migrate the mailbox data using third-party software. It is ideal for novice users.
1. Standard Approach to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST
In manual methods, you can create PST from Office 365 mailbox using the inbuilt features of Office 365. You do not need any additional software to create a backup. However, you must have the technical knowledge to perform complicated steps. In this standard approach, you have to perform the following three steps to save Office 365 emails.
- Create the eDiscovery Manager
- Choose the Desired Mailbox items
- Download Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST
Step 1: Create the eDiscovery Manager
- Firstly, sign in to your Office 365 account and press the Admin icon.
- It will open the Admin section. Now, click on the Security and Compliance option.
- After that, choose the Permission option and then select the eDiscovery Manager for new permission to export the PST file.
- Press the Edit button in front of the eDiscovery Administrator option.
Step 2: Choose the Desired Mailbox items
- Now, go back to the previous page and press the Security and Compliance option.
- From the appeared list, choose the Search and Investigation option.
- Locate the mailbox that you want to migrate by clicking on the Content Search option.
- After that, press the New Search option and add a search query
- Enable the desired filter by selecting them. Tick the conditions and click on the Add button to include an option in the list.
- Now, choose from either migrate the complete mailbox or some selected items. Then click on the Modify button to select the desired emails.
- Press the Save & Run button to complete the process. It will open the save search window.
- After that, fill in the required details in the given field and press the Save button.
Step 3: Download Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST
- Now, visit the Content Search page and check the status of the ongoing search process.
- Refresh the page and click the query that you have created. It will open a new wizard on the screen.
- Check the completion of the pending search and then click on the Export Result option.
- You can make any change if required. Press the Export button to initiate the file transfer.
- After completion of the process, click on the Download Result button. Now, click on the Copy to clipboard option and copy the Export key.
- Paste the export key to the eDiscovery Export Tool and hit the Start button to start the migration.
- At last, click on the Close button after the migration has been completed.
- The above procedure is effective in saving any number of mailbox items. But the main problem with this method is that the procedure is complicated and time-consuming. Also, the chances of file corruption are high in these methods. So, you need a more effective solution through which all users can export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST.
2. Automatic Method to Export Online Archive to PST
The fast and effective solution to migrate your Office 365 emails is the automatic method. In this approach, you use third-party software to export Exchange archive mailbox to PST. Office 365 Backup and Restore tool is the ideal solution for everyone. It offers various advanced features to make migration easy and effective. Also, it has a very simple layout that even novice users can use.
We hope you have learned the procedure to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST file by two different approaches. The standard approach is daunting for most users. Therefore, the best option for both new and experienced users is to use the professional technique. It is a simple and effective way to send data. Office 365 Backup & Restore is an advanced tool that is suitable for inexperienced users to download & export emails from Outlook 365 with little effort. Thanks for reading this article. I hope you you like it.