Microsoft Outlook is the leading email client that contains two types of data files i.e, OST and PST. It allows an individual to save the entire mailbox to the user’s system. If there comes an issue with these two elements, Outlook doesn’t work properly. Thus, in the blog, we are going to have a discussion on an OST Internal Error code 0000000e.
We will consider all the reasons that make the occurrence of error and different methods to resolve the error code. So, not wasting time anymore, let’s dig all about this Outlook internal error. Before that, let’s have a look at the role of the OST file in Outlook.
Role of OST files in MS Outlook
OST data files are simply replicas of the Exchange Server mailbox. OST files have .ost as their extension format. The primary task of OST files is to save the mailbox content to the Exchange Server account so that they can be accessed even if there is no internet connection, sudden shutdown of Exchange Server, or not connect to the server due to unavailability of Exchange Server.
What is Outlook internal error code 0000000e?
OST file internal error 0000000e is a very frequent error that affects the reliability and authenticity of OST files. The error is encountered generally by a corrupt OST file while trying to synchronize OST file data with the Exchange Server mailbox. Due to OST file corruption, users might encounter several other similar errors as:
- OST Internal error (error code 00000003)
- Service-specific error 0 (0x0)
- Unknown Error code 0x8004103b
- Error 8004011D-526-80040115-0
- Outlook Error 0x8004010f
- Error 8004011D-526-80040115-0
Reasons for the Outlook Error 0000000e
The primary cause for Outlook OST Internal Error Code=0000000E is issue in the synchronization process. The OST Files are more prone to corruption while synchronizing with the Exchange Server which may lead to inaccessibility of OST files and the mailbox data items stored in it. There are many reasons for the issue of OST file corruption. Some of them are as:
- Oversized OST file
- Abrupt shutdown of the system
- Attack of Virus or Malware
- Synchronization problem
- Sudden termination of Outlook program
Manual solutions to resolve Outlook Internal error
The above-mentioned error is one of the notorious error messages of MS Outlook. It occurs because of corruption in the OST files and improper Exchange server synchronization. Follow the below explained manual methods to fix Outlook OST internal error code 0000000e.
Method 1: Using scanost.exe tool
The error occurs due to OST file corruption or synchronization issue, so it can be fixed using OST Integrity Check Tool i.e. ScanOST.exe. It is an inbuilt inbox repair tool to recover the OST files manually in case of minor corruption. You can repair corrupted OST files using this utility by going through the following steps.
- Exit Outlook window.
- Locate the ScanOST.exe on your system and run it.
- Browse to open the OST file you want to repair.
- Click on Begin scan to allow the tool to scan the file and then on repair errors to repair errors.
Method 2: Rebuilding the OST file
After the processing of the OST Integrity Check tool, it finds out the errors which are related to the synchronization. If a synchronization error exists, it clearly shows the message that OST files have been corrupted. In such a case, the user needs to delete the corrupted OST file and then rebuild it.
Limitations of manual methods (OST integrity check tool)
- It cannot recover the deleted mailbox folders.
- Difficult to repair large OST files.
- It can fix only minor corruptions in the OST file.
- It is very time-consuming and slow.
- Not available for Outlook 2010 and later versions.
Method 3: Alternate solution to Fix OST internal error code 0000000e
To resolve OST file internal error 0000000e, we can employ the manual method of using scanost.exe. But as mentioned above, there are certain limitations and drawbacks associated with the OST integrity tool. In such a scenario, the only option left is to convert OST to PST file format.
One must think of an automated solution to troubleshoot the OST internal error code 0000000e by the conversion of OST to PST. A professional OST to PST Converter will definitely be helpful. It is a very reliable and authentic tool. Some of its features are:
- Converts all the mailbox contents of OST to PST.
- Exports password encrypted Outlook OST file to PST format.
- Save Outlook OST to PST, EML, DBX, MBOX, MSG & Archive.
- Supports corrupted or damaged OST files.
- Highly compatible with all the versions of Windows and Outlook.
Convert OST to PST using OST to PST Converter Tool.
- Download and Run Microsoft OST to PST Converter on your PC.Download and Run Microsoft OST to PST Converter on your PC.
2. Go to the software tab choose a single or multiple file option and choose the browse button to add the OST file that you want to convert.
3. Choose the email file folder to convert from the tree structure.
4. Just preview the email content and its attachments and press the next button and go ahead.
5. Select PST format as file saving option from the drop down menu.
6. Mark the checkboxes to use various features like Remove duplicate email, maintain folder hierarchy, save files into the same folder etc.
7. Use Mail filter and Task Filter option to convert the specific files as per your needs.
8. Next, utilize the Custom Folder Name feature to save files by different folder names.
9. Now, choose the path to Save button to define the location of the destination folder and hit the Convert button to start the file transfer.
10. Here, the OST file converts; you can Download Report or hit the Convert Again button to repeat the process.
The content in this article covers all the elements need to resolve OST Internal error code 0000000e. The article educates the users about the manual as well as a professional method to fix the issue. If the first fails, then users can opt for the other one. Thanks for reading this Outlook help blog. I hope you found it helpful and resolve your Outlook issue.