One of the most common issues among all Outlook users is the emails stuck in Outlook outbox. In this article, we describe different methods to resolve the issue. You can opt for any technique that is suitable for you. Read the article for complete information regarding the Outlook problem.
MS Outlook is advanced software that offers productive features like contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc. It is a one-stop solution for official works and personal use. Despite that, almost every Outlook user has faced their emails stuck in Outlook outbox.
The issue is common for most users, and its solution is easy. You can resolve the problem by various techniques, but first, you need to identify the root cause of the error. Only then you can choose a suitable troubleshooting technique. So, before learning the different methods, let us understand the various reasons for the error message.
Why is My Email Getting Stuck in the Outbox?
There are various answers to the questions – Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending? Among all the distinct reasons for the emails stuck in Outlook outbox problem, the following are the most frequent causes.
- A large attachment file with an email creates a problem in sending emails. The mailing service is not designed to send a large file. It is difficult for the server to decrypt such a large file.
- A faulty add-in may also cause the Outlook 2019 emails stuck in outbox problems. It modifies the application configuration settings, so the email application is unable to establish a connection with the server.
- Another significant reason for the issue is authentication problems between the client and the server. It stops the transmission of files which leads to the email stuck in the outbox problem.
- You can not send any email without an internet connection. If the internet connection is weak, you can not send emails through the Outlook application. Hence you will face the emails stuck in Outlook outbox problem.
- When there is no space for a new email in Outlook, it also shows the issue. So, you need to backup some items from your mailbox.
These are the main reasons for the Outlook problem. Now, it’s time to learn – How do I fix a stuck email in Outlook outbox?
Methods to Resolve Emails Stuck in Outlook Outbox Problem
In this section, we learn – How do I fix Outlook not sending emails? Based on the reasons for the problem, you can adopt different methods to fix the Outlook error. The standard methods are suitable for advanced users who have good technical knowledge. These methods are effective in resolving the issue. Following are the main standard methods.
1. Ensure the Server Connection
Sometimes, the server connectivity could be a reason for the email stuck in the outbox Outlook app issue. If Outlook does not connect to the server, it can not create a suitable path for the message. Therefore, the message will stay in the Outbox folder unless the client-server connection has been established.
2. Try to Resend the Email
A simple solution to the Outlook email stuck problem is just resending the message. Due to a momentary server issue, your emails stuck outbox. It does not occur due to some configurational problem. So, you can try resending emails. If the server-client connectivity is fine, your message will get sent.
3. Use Correct Password in Outlook
Outlook applications exchange data from your email account. But if the password is not correct, Outlook can not retrieve data. Therefore, it is essential to use the appropriate password of your email ID in the Outlook application. You can change the password by following the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Outlook in your system.
- Click on the File option in the menu bar.
- Select the Account Settings option in the Info tab.
- After that, click on the Account Settings option from the list.
- In the new wizard, select the desired mailbox item, and click on the Change button.
- Now, enter the correct password in the Password field.
- After that, click on the Next button to test the connection.
- After a successful connection test, click on the Finish button.
4. Open Outlook in Safe Mode
The emails stuck in Outlook Outbox issue also arise due to faulty add-ins. Therefore, you need to disable them. However, you can not launch the Outlook application in regular mode. You have to open it in safe mode. Follow the steps below.
- Press Win+R to open the Run window.
- Now, type outlook /safe in the field and press the OK button.
- After that, select the profile for Outlook. Now, your Outlook application is in safe mode.
- Try sending the message. If the mail does not get stuck in Outbox and move to Sent, you need to disable the faulty add-ins.
- Click on the File option in the menu bar and choose the Options tab.
- After that, select the Add-ins option from the left pane in the new wizard.
- Scroll down and click on the Go button in front of the Manage option.
- Disable all add-ins and enable them one by one to identify the faulty add-ins.
5. Repair Corrupted PST file
Corrupted Outlook data files are a significant reason for the emails stuck in Outlook outbox issues. So, you need to repair the PST files to resolve the issue. You can use scanpst.exe, which is an inbuilt PST repair tool. It is located in the root files of MS Outlook and can fix minor issues. Follow the steps to use the inbox repair tool.
- Go to the File Explorer and press the Organize option.
- Now, press the Folder and Search Option. A new wizard will appear.
- After that, select the View tab, and mark the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option.
- Next, click on the Apply button. Press OK to save the settings.
- Search the scanpst.exe at the following location in your system.
- 32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Outlook; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- After finding the file. Open the scanpst.exe.
- Browse the PST file and click the Start button for scanning.
- After scanning, click on the Repair button to fix the issue.
The standard methods often fail to solve the emails stuck in Outlook outbox problem, as they are not always efficient. They are time-consuming and tough-to-perform for every new user. Also, they sometimes damage the file. If the issue arises due to corrupted or damaged PST files, the manual approach can not resolve the heavily corrupted file. It is suitable to fix minor problems. Therefore, you need professional software.
The best solution to repair the corrupted PST file is the Outlook PST Repair tool. It is a professional solution to the emails stuck in Outlook outbox problems if the problem arises due to a corrupted PST file. It can repair heavily corrupted Outlook data files. Also, it has quite an interactive GUI that makes it easy to navigate for both beginners and experienced users. It is a fast and effective software that repairs the PST file without altering the content. Therefore, it is an ideal alternative to manual techniques.h
The standard techniques are beneficial, but they are not always efficient. Also, if the emails stuck in Outlook outbox problems are caused by corrupted PST files, manual methods are not suitable. So, you should use the Outlook PST Repair software that helps you to restore the heavily corrupted file. It is professional software that provides various advanced features to simplify PST Repair.