How to Download Emails from Gmail Account in Bulk
Summary: Through this blog, you will find the best methods to download emails from Gmail account in bulk. We have covered the three best manual methods. If users are not satisfied with the manual approach, they can directly go for an automated solution by using a third-party Gmail Backup Tool for an instant solution.
Let’s start the blog and discuss the multiple methods available to download Gmail emails.
Multiple Methods Available to Download Gmail Account Emails
There are several native methods available to save or download Gmail emails. Here, we will discuss the major ones to download Gmail mailboxes along with the attachment files.
Method 01: Download my Gmail account Using the Print Option
Gmail is a trusted email client that comes with an additional Print option. It helps to save Gmail emails in PDF format. Let’s discuss the step-by-step procedure, which is as follows:-
- Run the Gmail Application on your browser and navigate to the email message.
- Hit the Print All icon.
- A new page will be visible, containing multiple built-in options.
- Choose the Save As PDF option from the Destination drop-down list.
- Next, hit the Save button to continue further.
- A save-as-page pop-up on your screen.
- Choose the destination path and assign a file name.
- At the end, hit the Save button to Download your Gmail email.
Method 02: Download all Emails from Gmail in bulk Using Google Takeout
In Gmail, Google Takeout is another built-in feature that allows users to export Gmail account emails into MBOX file format. Thus, proceed with the simple instructions to execute the following downloading process:-
- Run Gmail in your default browser and follow the link.
- Hit the Deselect All option and check the Mail option.
- Then click All mail data included.
- Select a specific Label for your export and tap OK.
- Now, hit the Next Step option.
- Select the file type, frequency, & destination, and click on Create Export.
- You will get an export progress status message.
- Wait a few days, and you will get mail on your Gmail account.
- Hit the Download Your File button.
- The file will be saved in the Zip file; try to unzip it.
- Finally, you will receive an MBOX file containing your Gmail emails.
Method 03: Download Gmail account emails Using Outlook
Users can set up any web-based email client in Outlook using the Add Account feature. You can instantly export Gmail into PST format in bulk once you’ve added your Gmail account.
Step 1: Synchronize Gmail into Outlook Application
- Run an Outlook application and navigate to the File tab.
- Hit on the Add Account option.
- Provide the Gmail email address and hit Connect.
- It requires a password; enter it and click Next.
- Select the IMAP option and click the Done button.
Step 2: Bulk download Gmail emails as PST
- Navigate to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) from the list.
- Provide the saving path for the output folder.
- Pick the required option and hit Finish.
- Finally, all your Gmail emails get downloaded as PST.
These three manual methods can download emails from Gmail accounts in bulk, but I possess certain limitations. Due to these drawbacks, users search for more appropriate methods for exporting Gmail account emails. Before discussing the automated solution, let’s discuss the restrictions in more detail.
Drawbacks Users Face While Exporting Gmail Account Manually
Some of the primary drawbacks are as follows:-
- In the case of manual procedures, data loss may occur during the backup process.
- The whole process won’t be completed successfully if you miss any single step in between.
- Users need to have basic technical knowledge to implement the steps.
- Using a manual method to download multiple emails is not possible.
However, Due to these drawbacks, users search for an alternative approach, a more efficient and reliable solution to download Gmail account emails. Let’s move further and elaborate on this automated solution in more detail.
Method 04: An Automated Solution to Download Emails from a Gmail Account in Bulk
Gmail Backup Tool is the most reliable software to back up emails from personal and business Gmail Accounts. It can take backups of Gmail, contacts, calendars, drives, and phones. Additionally, it has multiple built-in features that help in the more efficient downloading of Gmail emails. Let’s proceed further and discuss the step-by-step procedure for this backup Utility.
- Download, Install, and Run the Tool on your system.
- Provide the Gmail email address and third-party app password. Click the Sign In button.
- This tool will ask which data item you need to download, such as Gmail, contacts, calendars, photos, etc. Choose an option, Gmail.
- A Tree-like structure will appear in Gmail’s data. Choose the folders you need to back up and click the Next button.
- Next, choose the saves/backup/Migrate As option as PST. Pick the additional features as per the requirements. Provide the Path to Save option.
- At last, hit the Convert option.
In the end, Through this write-up, I hope you understand the needs and methods to download emails from Gmail account in bulk. We have covered all the possible solutions to export Gmail emails. Additionally, we have also explained the best Gmail Cloud Backup Solution, which is an instant solution, professionally suggested, and by using this utility, you can download emails locally.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to back up Gmail emails on a PC?
Ans- There are multiple methods available to back up Gmail emails on a PC, such as:
1. By using the Print Option
2. By Google Takeout’s inbuilt feature
3. Using Outlook
4. Third-Party Tool
Q. Which is the best tool to download Gmail emails in bulk?
Ans- The most reliable and trustworthy software to download Gmail emails in bulk is the Gmail Backup Tool. Professionals highly recommend this utility. Additionally, a free demo version is also available online; you can download it to check the efficiency of this tool.