Have you ever faced Outlook errors like Something is wrong with one of your data files Outlook when accessing your PST data files? Well, I offer you some easy-to-use solutions to deal with it. Keep reading the article to find out what is causing this error and how to handle it.
Outlook is a popular email service used by several people worldwide as it contains lots of other programs other than just simply being an email client. Sometimes while using Outlook 2019 or below versions, error like Outlook 2013 something went wrong with one of your data files often shows up. Now let us start with knowing the causes behind these errors then go on to the techniques to resolve them.
Causes for Something is Wrong with One of Your Data Files Outlook 2019 Error
Various factors are there which could be the underlying causes behind these kinds of errors. Following are some of the common reasons for something is wrong with one of your data files Outlook error I will discuss below.
- MS Office is out of date: If you have the latest version of Windows on your machine but are running an outdated version of Microsoft Outlook, the chances of getting an error Outlook PST file missing Windows 10 increase.
- Error during the installation of network devices: Network devices such as routers, hubs, firewalls, bridges, repeaters, and other network devices may cause Outlook data file corruption.
- Settings in the MS Office are not appropriate: If any proxy settings are inappropriate on the system, it may cause an error in the installation of MS Outlook.
These could be the possible reasons. Apart from these three, other factors can also trigger the blunder: something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close. Let us get you into some effective manual methods to resolve it. Furthermore, we will switch to a professional solution if the manual tactics fail or do not work.
Methods to Fix the Error “Something is Wrong with One of Your Data Files Outlook”
The following are some basic approaches for troubleshooting this problem. You have the option to resolve the issue in one of the below-mentioned techniques.
Method 1: By Repairing Outlook PST Files
If you are looking for How do I fix a problem with Outlook PST and OST data files? This method might work in solving your problem. Follow up the below steps:
- Close the MS Outlook, and go to one of the locations listed below.
Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Open and start SCANPST.EXE.
- Select Browse to find the Outlook Data File to scan. Then select Start to begin the scan.
- If the scan reveals any errors or problems were detected with one of the Outlook data files currently in use. Hit the Repair button to begin the repair process.
- Launch Outlook with the profile associated with the recently repaired Outlook Data File after the repair process.
If you are still encountering the error something is wrong with one of your data files Outlook, try given method.
Method 2: By Microsoft’s Registry fix
Microsoft Outlook has a registry fix for the bug, and this might also work for errors if something is wrong with one of your data files Outlook 2016, 2013, etc.
- To access the Registry editor, right-click the Windows Start button and select Run, or hit the Windows key + R to access the Run command.
- Enter Regedit into the search box.
- Navigate to the following registry path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\PST
- Remove the lastcorruptstore key.
- If these two registry values exist, right-click on them and delete them:
- Now, restart Outlook.
If you are still not satisfied with the solutions to How do I fix Outlook data file error? You can try disabling security applications or firewalls if you have any on your system or uninstall then reinstall Microsoft Outlook.
Method 3: An Expert Solution
In case, these manual methods for error something is wrong with one of your data files Outlook do not work well, you can opt with an expert solution Outlook PST Repair. It has many great features that make it less time-consuming. So, you may now have an answer of how do you fix something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close?
There are several methods to fix the Something is wrong with one of your data files error messages. You can opt for manual methods like using the Inbox Repair Tool or editing the registry. However, these are temporary solutions and may fail to repair the heavily corrupted PST files. Therefore, the PST Repair Tool is an ideal option for recovering the Outlook PST files. Thanks for taking the time to read. I hope it helped in resolving your errors in MS Outlook.