Microsoft Outlook is a well-known email client preferred by huge organizations and users worldwide. It maintains a steady and secure platform for sending and receiving email messages. Moreover, Outlook allows users to track their tasks, save contacts, and manage their calendars.
However, if you are a regular user of MS Outlook, you are familiar with the problems related to duplicate items and attachments. It occupies a lot of space on your email server, creates confusion, and slows the work process. Hence, this blog provides solutions to remove duplicate emails in Outlook 365. Plus, you can also use the professional Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool, which allows users to remove duplicate emails from Outlook PST files.
How to Remove Duplicate Email Addresses in Outlook?
There are several approaches by which you can easily remove duplicate emails in Outlook. We are elaborating on all the manual as well as professional processors here. You can choose any of the methods, they are all easy and reliable to apply. Although, if manual methods don’t work for you, you can also prefer the automated solution.
Method 1: Through Outlook Remove Duplicate Emails In Account Settings
- Log in to your Outlook Account, and open File > Info > Account Settings.
- In ” Account Settings ” browse through the emails and select same-looking messages.
- Click on the duplicate emails to highlight them and Click the Remove button to delete them.
- Now, through this process, you can remove duplicate items manually.
Method 2: Use Import/Export to Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook 365
- Log in to Outlook, open File and go to Open & Export and click the Import/Export option.
- Choose Import to File and hit the Next button.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and press Next.
- In the following wizard, choose Do Not Import Duplicates and click the Next button.
- Finally, choose the folders you want to import and proceed ahead to save the files without duplicate items.
Method 3: Use the Inbox Clean Up Option to Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook 365
- Open MS Outlook and go to the Home page and press Clean Up.
- Now, select from the options presented:
- Clean-Up Conversation -It will delete duplicate emails from the conversation.
- Clean Up Folder -For deleting duplicate items from a particular folder.
- Clean Up Folder & Subfolders -To clean duplicate items from an entire folder and subfolder.
- Finally, go to the Deleted Items Folder and remove duplicate items permanently.
Drawbacks of Manual Approaches
The above approaches are reliable and secure. But, if you are going for manual methods, you should be aware of their limitations. However, it can cause several problems, some of which are given below.
- These methods are not suitable for non-technical people.
- The steps of the manual methods are a little complicated.
- In the Clean Up method, users can face errors while performing, leading to data loss.
- You can’t determine the exact number of duplicates in the mailbox manually.
To overcome these problems you can shift to a professional solution. Because it is reliable and provides a user-friendly interface with top-notch security.
Method 4: Automated Solution to Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook 365
Outlook Duplicate Remover tool is the most reliable and secure software. It is a very efficient tool that can delete duplicate items of emails, contacts, calendars, journals, and tasks from your mailbox. With the help of the software, users can find duplicate emails in Outlook without any hard work. This tool can provide you with the best and most hassle-free experience minus complications. You can remove any duplicate item to free up mailbox space in no time. Along with this, you can remove duplicate emails from single as well as multiple folders at once.
Follow the below instructions to remove duplicate emails in Outlook 365 with attachments.
- Install and run the Outlook Duplicate Remover.
- Select from the Single and Multiple file folders, Browse through the software interface and click the Next button
- Now, select the Outlook PST folders from the tree structure given on the interface.
- Take the Preview of the emails with attachments and click Next.
- In this wizard, choose the date with the help of Mail and Task Filter and select the required options to remove the duplicate items.
- Select between Search duplicate items within the folder or Search duplicate across PST files and hit the Specify Duplicate Criteria button.
- Press the Mail, Calendar, Task, and Contact options to verify the criteria for removing duplicate emails.
- Go to Select Action on Duplicate Emails and select the desired action.
- Hit the Path to Save button and save the folder in your preferred location.
- Finally, click the Next button to initiate the process.
By the above steps, you can easily remove duplicate email addresses in outlook. It’s a simple, secure, and hassle-free process. This tool will maintain your original folder hierarchy and data integrity.
In the above context, we have discussed the methods by which you can remove duplicate emails in Outlook 365. There are several methods, and you can choose any of them at your convenience. They are reliable and secure, but we are suggesting you use an automated solution for optimum safety and ease. This software is one solution for your problems regarding duplicate items in Microsoft Office 365. It provides the best user interface, moreover, you can also try the demo version of the tool to know more.