How to Merge Microsoft Outlook Calendars into One
Summary:- Calendars are essential to save reminders for all the critical events as per the dates, such as meetings, birthdays, anniversaries, and many more. Users can easily add events to their calendars, whether it be on a mobile phone, system, or laptop. But what needs to be done to combine two calendars in Outlook? If you are searching for a reliable solution to merge Microsoft Outlook calendars, If yes, you are on the right page. Here we will introduce you to the methods to merge multiple Outlook calendars. Additionally, we will introduce you to the best professional solution, such as PST Merger software, to accomplish the output better.
User Query: Having multiple email accounts in Outlook and handling various calendars for all my scheduling takes a lot of work. I prefer to have just one calendar for all. Can I combine multiple calendars into one Outlook for all my appointments and other details? Please guide me with solutions to merge Microsoft Outlook calendars without any data modification. Proceeding further, let’s move towards possible solutions regarding the same.
Implement an Overlay Feature in an Outlook Calendar
The overlay feature allows you to stack multiple calendars on top of one another to get an aggregated display that resembles a single calendar. You can apply this Overlay feature in the following locations:
- Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016
- Click View >> Group: Arrangement >> Overlay
You can see the calendars in a single place without combining and merging them using the Overlay Features. So there are several other ways to do so as well.
Manually Combine Multiple Calendars into One Outlook
The manual approach consists of two methods to merge Microsoft Outlook calendars into one.
Note:- Create a backup of the Outlook PST files before performing the manual approach.
01 Method: Export Outlook Calendars
You can merge your Outlook calendars by following the below-described procedure. However, we suggest following the instructions very carefully, as data loss is possible.
- Choose the Calendar option.
- Select the File tab and click the Option.
- Then, move to the Advanced option and hit Export.
- Select “Export to a file”.
- Opt for an option Outlook Data File (.pst) and Hit Next.
- Choose the calendar folder that you want to export.
- You can check or uncheck the Include subfolders box and hit Next.
- Hit the Browse button and choose the location where you need to export the calendar folder. In the end, hit the Finish Button.
02 Method: Import Outlook Calendars
Here, we have laid out another method to merge Microsoft Outlook Calendars into One, so let’s move ahead to explore.
- Navigate to the File tab and then select Open.
- Select “Import” and choose “Import from another program or file”.
- Opt for the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and Click on Next.
- Browse and select the location to save the exported calendar folder. Then hit OK.
- Pick the Option and do not import duplicate items. After that, click on Next.
- Choose the Calendar folder where you want to combine MS Outlook calendars.
- Check the Import item in the same folder box and hit Finish.
However, these manual methods have some limitations. We have discussed the demerits in more detail.
Demerits of the Manual Procedure
There are some disadvantages to using the manual method, as we have decided below.
- Firstly, the user needs to rename the calendar by clicking the navigation box and choosing Rename Calendar.
- If the user wants to use two calendars, viewing two calendars in an overlay mode is only possible if these calendar events are displayed in a single location.
However, the above mentioned points are the drawbacks of the manual procedure. Users need some technical knowledge regarding Outlook functions. It will be difficult for non-technical users to perform these methods to merge two calendars in Outlook. That’s why we suggest using a professional solution.
Top Notch Solution to Merge Multiple Outlook Calendars into One
Outlook PST Merger software is the top professional tool for combining multiple calendars into one. Apart from the calendar, you can Merge various Outlook PST files containing emails, contacts, tasks, journals, and notes into new ones. This tool is compatible with almost all MS Outlook PST file versions. Now let’s proceed further and look for a stepwise process to merge Microsoft Outlook calendars into one.
Stepwise Procedure on How to Overlap Two Calendars in Outlook
- Download and Run the PST Merger Tool on your system.
- Click the Add File(s) option to select multiple PST files and click Open. Hit Next.
- Details of the PST files will be displayed and hit Next.
- Select the Merge PST file option and click on Next.
- Select Mailbox items as per the requirements and date range features.
- Options such as Merge in a New PST or Merge in an Existing PST will be displayed. Choose appropriately as per the requirements. Apply the Password option if you want to.
- After this, Look for the Remove Duplicate & Exclude Attachments files as needed.
- Click the Merge icon to combine PST data files Successfully.
MS Outlook has several daily functions, including sending and receiving emails, managing contacts and calendar data, etc. To merge Microsoft Outlook Calendars, we have explained manual and professional solutions in detail. Manually, there is no direct method to combine Outlook calendars. Hence, we suggest the automated approach as a simple and straightforward method to combine two Outlook calendars and multiple Outlook calendars into one without duplicates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I merge two Outlook calendars together?
Ans- Using the professional solution, you can directly merge two Outlook calendars. Additionally, it provides the features to merge Outlook PST files without duplicates based on From, Subject, To, and Date.
Q. Which button is used to combine multiple calendars in Outlook?
Ans- The Arrow Icon button is at the top of each calendar tab (close to the name). It is used to combine multiple calendars in Outlook and to view them side-by-side. It allows you to combine the selected calendars.