Having difficulties while sending and receiving the emails in Outlook? Stuck with the Outlook error 0x800ccc0d in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.? No need to worry. In the blog, I’ll explain all about this error, the possible reasons behind its occurrence, and the most feasible ways to troubleshoot this error in Outlook.
The send/receive error 0x800ccc0d is one of the most common errors in Outlook. It is faced by a lot of users very frequently. Sometimes, Outlook is not able to detect the server and hence is not capable to establish a connection. Due to this, users are not able to send or receive email messages. This error code is displayed with a message as:
It is necessary to fix this Outlook error code in order to resume the normal functioning of Outlook and also to start the normal sending and receiving of emails. So. let’s find out the probable reasons behind this error.
Causes behind Outlook error 0x800ccc0d
These are the possible reasons that can contribute to the occurrence of the error.
- Corrupt profile of the user in Outlook
- Wrong settings of Outlook account
- Issues related to network and firewall
- Outdated antivirus
- Registry faults
You may also read: Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f – Know how to resolve it
Approach to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc0d
There are some methods and techniques that you can follow to troubleshoot this Outlook sending reported error.
#1 Check connectivity to the Internet
- Open a browser and search for anything on that.
- If the web page opens and comes up with a result, it may not be the reason behind the error. Check the router settings and network cables. Also, keep a check over the local ISP settings and some other configurations.
- Now, try out to send the email messages and check whether the issue has been solved or not.
#2 Correct the settings in Outlook
- Launch the MS Outlook and go through the path File ⇒ Account Settings.
- Select the name of the mailbox and go to the Change button by scrolling the mini navigation button. It can be proved as a useful step for resolving this error.
- Click on the option ‘More Settings’ in the ‘Change Account’ dialogue box.
- In the ‘Internet Email Settings’ screen, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Further, hit a click on “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Ensure that you have a valid connection.
- At last, verify the port numbers of POP3 and SMTP connection in the Advanced Tab.
- Also, keep a check on the encryption connection of TLS and SLS types.
#3 Verify your firewall settings
- Open the firewall settings from the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
- In the list of options, check for the exception list.
- Add Outlook Express or Outlook to this list so that you’ll be able to fix this 0x800ccc0d Outlook Error.
#4 Repair the Outlook profile using scanPST.exe
- First, locate the folder where the Outlook.exe file is stored.
- Now, find out the inbox repair tool scanpst.exe and hit a double click. It can fix the corruptions in the Outlook profile and restore the data in a new folder.
- Browse and select the PST file that you wish to repair and proceed with the repairing process.
#5 Automated approach to troubleshoot Outlook Error
There are chances that even after applying all the above techniques you are not able to resolve this particular error. In this scenario, you need to employ a professional Outlook PST Repair tool. It is an effective and efficient tool to repair PST files. Using it, you can resolve the receiving reported
0x800ccc0d Outlook error and also recover all your mailbox data items like emails, contacts, events, calendars, etc.
If you are an active user of Outlook and your whole work relies on it, there are chances you can lose your precious data because of some errors. I have explained how to troubleshoot Outlook error 0x800ccc0d. Many times, manual methods are not that much useful. So, you can also try out the professional method of using an Outlook PST repair. It also repairs Outlook error
0x80040900. Thanks for visiting this blog.