Discovering that suddenly your files and folders are missing overnight can be shocking. Many users are facing the issue of missing outlook folders. Using outlook is part of people’s daily routine. Therefore, when folders containing important information get missing in your outlook, it can surely be frustrating. But the good news is, you can find and restore them again. But before jumping on how to do that, let us know about what Outlook actually is.
What is MS Outlook
MS Outlook is an email client included in the Microsoft Office Suit. It allows you to send and receive emails, manage your calendar, store names and contacts and track your tasks. With intelligent email and calendar reminders, Outlook allows you to do more from just one inbox. Connect. Organize. And get things done is the Motto of Outlook.
But now, while using Outlook users are witnessing the problem of folders disappearing in outlook. Now the issue may arise due to many reasons like poor connectivity issues, accidental deletion, and many more. Let’s have a look at some of those reasons.
Reasons for Folder Lost in Outlook
- Some of those folders are hidden
- Maybe the folders got deleted accidentally
- The outlook may be not syncing with the server
- May happen due to poor internet connectivity.
- The personal folder is damaged
These are some possible reasons for the issue that is arising. Now that you are clear with the reasons, let’s have a look at the methods to solve it.
Manual Methods to Fix Outlook folders disappearing
Fortunately, there are quite a few methods to solve the issue, and here are some of them.
Method 1: Fix Outlook Folders Not Showing Error Using Data file properties
- Open Outlook and right-click on the “Outlook Mail Box”.
- Select “Data File Properties”.
- Now click “Outlook Today” and choose the “Folder Size” option.
- A list of all the folders in Outlook, containing their names and locations and different sizes will appear.
- Here you can see the folder you are looking for.
Method 2: Fix the outlook Folders Disappearing Error Using Minimize Folder Pane
Make sure all folders are showing. Look for the minimized folder in the minimized folder pane. Folders can be nested in Outlook, expanding them by clicking on a small triangle next to it may help you in finding them.
Method 3: Fix the Error Using Trash Folder
Try recovering a deleted folder from the trash. If you have deleted your folders and have not deleted them from the “Deleted Folder” option yet then, you can restore them. Make sure to check the trash folder in your Outlook and your system, as it can be in one of those places.
Method 3: Check Internet Connectivity
Try fixing your internet connection. Fixing your internet connection can be another possible solution that might work for you. As it is another possibility that Outlook may be unable to load all your folders due to poor connectivity.
Method 4: Fix the Error Using Restart Feature
Try restarting the Outlook Program, it can be possible that because of some technical issue the program is not displaying all of your stored information.
If you have tried all the above-stated methods and are still unable to fix the issue of Outlook folders disappearing. I suggest you take a backup of it for the next time as it is hard to recover the folders using manual methods now. and in case the lost file is a PST file then you try recovering it using an automated solution.
Professional Solution to Recover PST Files
The Automated Outlook PST Repair allows you to repair the data from corrupt or damaged PST files. It can retrieve outlook mail items like emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, etc., from corrupt PST files directly. It supports a file of 80GB PST. It offers features to save the recovered file into multiple file formats.
Here are some of the key features of the tool to help you in knowing the tool in a better way.
Key Features of the Tool
- It restore corrupt PST files.
- It saves resultant recovered files in multiple formats.
- It is a swift & accurate Recovery.
- It repairs the encrypted PST file.
Now that you are done with the key features and all the necessary details about the tool, let’s move on to the steps to know its working of it.
Steps to Recover Outlook PST file
- Download and Install the tool as an administrator.
- Now, click the open button to add your corrupt PST file.
- Select the Recovery Setting and view the file details.
- The scanning process will get completed here.
- Click ok.
- Now, preview the repaired PST file and select the destination folder.
- Hit the save button to add the saving format and inbuilt features.
- Finally, click on the Ok button to complete the process.
In this article, we have written solutions to “why did all my folders disappear in outlook”. Which includes Manual Methods and a professional tool in case of a corrupted PST file. The tool has many advantages. You can download the tool using the steps mentioned below.