On-screen issues on Windows OS are always a source of frustration. It is more when you have no idea how it happened in the first place. Sometimes, while taking a backup in the Windows operating system, users may face the error code 0x80070002 on their screen. This article will describe different symptoms and their different alternate scenarios of happening. Before that, we will discuss an appropriate solution to resolve Windows backup error 0x80070002.
What is Error Code 0x80070002?
Error code 0x80070002 occurs due to corrupt apps or problems with Windows updates. It may vary in different Windows versions. In Windows 10/8/7, you will see the error code 0x80070002. While in other Windows versions, you will find the error code 80070002.
System restore error 0x80070002 Windows 10 occurs when some files in the Windows updates are corrupt or missing, even though updates are downloaded and extracted successfully, but the function does not work. Thus, you can fix the 0x80070002 error code by following these methods until it solves your problem.
Symptoms of Error Code 0x80070002
When you download files with the help of Windows Backup on a Windows 7-based computer, you may find a message that resembles the following:
Check your backup results
The backup completed but some files were skipped.
Here, click on the Next option for further process. Further, you can receive the following notifications:
Check your backup results
The backup completed but some files were skipped.
View skipped files
After that, click on the View skipped files link, and you can find the following error logs on your screen.
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\<folder Name>. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\LocalLow. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\<User Name>\Contacts. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\<User Name>\Searches. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Sometimes, the Windows backup may fail with error code 0x80070002, and the system can not see the specified file. In such cases, either of the problems happens:
- A System stops responding.
- The copy operation stops.
Causes Behind the Windows Backup Error 0x80070002
There are some of the common reasons behind the 0x80070002 error code:
Cause for Scenario 1:- This type of error occurs when you download the library containing a custom folder present under your user profile.
Cause for Scenario 2:- This type of error occurs when the condition mentioned below are right:
- Windows Backup tries to download files in the LocalLow, Contacts, and Searches folders.
- These folders are not present on your computer(PC).
Note:- You can create these folders only when the required programs are installed on your system.
Cause for Scenario 3:- This type of issue happens when the following cases are right:
- The system(PC) has an NVIDIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) chipset.
- At least the system contains 4 GB of RAM.
- You can also copy data from the system to an external USB storage device.
- An error may also come when you use your USB devices other than storage devices.
- While you can perform the input/output (I/O) operations on the USB storage device, the I/O process fails can cause issues.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070002?
This part will describe the up-to-mark solution to fix the Windows error 0x80070002, which is easy for users that don’t have a lot of technical knowledge. Just follow the steps of the methods as per your scenario:
Method to Fix Error Code 0x80070002 in First Scenario
To resolve this scenario, perform one of the following actions:
- Firstly, ignore the error message.
Note- You have to make sure that the custom library files stored at your user profile will not be downloaded.
- Change the path of the library folder from the user profile to any other location apart from the user profile path. Like:- Move the folder to the C:\MyLibraries folder.
- If your Windows is in the backup stage, make sure to remove the library from the list. After that, add the original location of the content in the library in the backup list.
- Change the library folder path to a different location from the user profile folder path. After that, include a link to the moved folder from the library.
Plus, check whether the library gets added to the backup or not. To do so, follow the given below steps:
- Click on the Start and go to your user name.
- Select the folders you want to move and click on the Cut.
- Here, in your local directory, choose the path where you want to store the folder.
- After that, paste the folder to the chosen location.
- Select the folder and right-click on it to move them to the new location. Then, click Copy.
- Again, click on the Start and go to a user name, right-click at the empty area and paste shortcut.
Method to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter in Second Scenario
You can ignore this error message and efficiently do your work with the Windows update troubleshooter.
Further, you can also eliminate this windows update error code 80070002 by performing the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, create the missing LocalLow, Contacts, and Searches folders listed in the error message.
- Then remove the folders from the files and set the backup in the Backup Setting. After that, add those folders to their original location. Moreover, to remove the folders in the additional location and to add those folders to the original path, you have to follow these procedures:
- Open the Control Panel and opt for the Backup and Restore.
- In the backup section, you have to click on the Change Settings.
- It will show the Set up the backup dialog box. Click Next.
- Here, you will see a dialog box named What do you want to back up. Click Let me choose and then proceed with the Next button.
- Go to the Data Files and expand <your username> Libraries.
- Then expand the Additional locations and check the checkbox to clear your AppData folder, Contacts, and Searches.
- After that, go to Computer, expand the item for your system drive, then expand users <your user name> and check the checkbox to select the AppData, Contacts, and Searches if they exist.
- Click Next and then proceed with the Save settings option and exit.
- Open backup and Restore and click on the Back up now to perform a new backup. This time the backup process gets completed with ease.
Try the Windows Data Recovery to Fix Windows Backup Error Code 0x80070002
There should be chances that an issue can delete or remove your data from your drive. Even possibilities that it may also affect your external USB storage device. Well, not to worry, the error can be fixed within a few clicks using this proficient utility named Aryson Windows Data Recovery.
The software is efficient enough to recover any types of deleted or lost documents, photos, videos, emails, and many more Windows files. Also, it can recover the data from damaged partitions of Windows, and removable storage media devices like USB Drives, External Hard Drives, Micro SD cards, SD cards, and more.
For more information about how to Fix Windows Backup Error Code 0x80070002, see the following Aryson Windows Data Recovery Working Steps video.
Error code 0x80070002 occurs when users take the backup of their Windows operating systems. Possibilities that some of the Windows files get missed and result in Windows update errors 0x80070002. To resolve the various scenarios of Windows update corruption errors that occur manually, we have discussed the step-by-step methods. With this article, I hope you get all your problem resolved.