Outlook is a personal information managing application provided by Microsoft to send and receive emails. It allows users to manage their mailbox messages, email, tasks, journals, and calendars. But What if your mailbox is full of storage, and it would be difficult for you to know what is important or not.
In addition, when you add an Email account in MS Outlook, and unfortunately, your duplicate detection option is turned off, then, in that case, Outlook skips the duplicate items. Thus, removing duplicate email items in MS Outlook is always recommended for users. If you are also looking for a solution to find and delete duplicate emails in Outlook, read this article. Here, we will discuss why emails are duplicated in Outlook and all the possible methods to remove duplicate email items in MS Outlook. It also describes easy steps to remove duplicate email messages from Outlook using Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool.
Why are emails duplicating in Outlook?
There are several reasons behind the need to remove duplicate emails in Outlook. Some of the common reasons are listed below:
- Suppose you set the Outlook rules incorrectly, then it may be possible you faced confusion when you received an email message, and as a result, it will create a duplication of emails.
- If you send an email to others, but Outlook won’t update it in your mailbox, and you will send it again because of a requirement, then, in that case, Outlook may lead to the duplication of data.
- Working with the same email account on different devices like laptops and mobiles may cause repeated synchronization of the incoming message. Hence, it can be one of the reasons for email duplication in the Outlook mailbox.
- When you create an account in Outlook, then there is a possibility that you set the wrong parameters or settings. Thus, you may also receive the same email and any message multiple times because of that.
Whatever the reason behind the duplicate mailbox emails, it will affect your productivity and performance of Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, you will need to delete duplicate emails in Outlook 2016.
How to Find Duplicate Email Items in MS Outlook?
Suppose you want to manually check out the duplicate emails in Outlook, then you can’t do it by checking the duplicity of a single outlook email. For this, you have to use several properties of a message like Subject, Text, Sender, Recipient, or Attachment, and finally, based on that, we remove duplicate emails.
Methods to Remove Duplicate Email Items in MS Outlook
There are multiple methods to eliminate duplicate emails from your Outlook account, but before we do that, just try to find and delete duplicate emails in Outlook itself. Although if you aren’t doing that, here are the best 5 methods to delete duplicate emails in Outlook.
Method 1: Configure the Rules Correctly
If you want to stop duplicate emails in Outlook 2019, you have to check whether the Outlook rules are configured correctly or not. However, if there is a possibility that you are not setting it appropriately, it will create confusion in your working and management. Therefore, just try to configure the rules correctly and enable the required option only. It will be a suggestion for you to open a single Outlook application simultaneously.
Method 2: Use the Inbuilt Feature of Outlook “Do Not Import Duplicates”
Although when you try to import Outlook PST CSV files or other mailbox items using the Import/Export feature, just make sure to enable the Outlook built-in option “Do Not Import Duplicate Items.” If you use this option, then it may be possible that you do not get any duplicate items during the importing process.
Method 3: Try to Manage Inbox Updates Frequency
- Start Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Now, click on Send/Receive Groups under the Send/Receive tab.
- After that, click on Define Send/Receive Groups. A new window will open.
- In the new wizard, click on the group you want to edit.
- Here, there is only one group named All Accounts.
- Moreover, you can also create a new group by clicking on the New button.
- After you select the group, click on the Edit button.
- Next, enable the Schedule an automatic send/receive option and select the desired time.
- After that, click on OK to save the changes.
Method 4: Clean up the Inbox Folder
Outlook offers multiple utilities and add-ins to help you remove duplicate emails. Follow the below steps to clean up your mailbox:
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- Go to the mailbox folder.
- Here, select Home Cleanup.
- Perform the below options correctly:
- Try to remove the conversation; it will automatically remove all the duplicate items.
- Try to clean Up the Folder; it will remove the duplicate emails from any particular folder.
- You have to try to clean up the Folders and Subfolders too.
- Finally, right-click the Deleted Items folder and click Empty Folder, which will permanently delete the emails.
Method 5: Remove Duplicate Email Items in MS Outlook Using Professional Solution
If you cannot find and delete duplicate emails in Outlook manually, you will use the professional approach. i.e., Outlook Duplicate Remover Software. The software can easily find duplicate email items in the Outlook PST file and delete them easily. The tool is competent enough to delete duplicate mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, and task journals from the Outlook PST file. Also, the software supports all the Outlook versions like MS Outlook Office 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 (32-bit and 64-bit), 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 98, and 97.
Steps to Remove Duplicate Email Items in PST file
- Install and Run Aryson Outlook Duplicate Remover.
- Click on the Add PST button to open the MS Outlook PST file.
- Select the folders from which you want to remove duplicate email items.
- Choose the Comparison Criteria for removing duplicate email items.
- Click the Convert button to remove Duplicate email items successfully.
Removing Duplicate Emails from the mailbox is always required when your Outlook stucks and does not give you appropriate performance. Through this blog, I will try to cover all the possible methods to remove Duplicate email items in MS Outlook. However, if you do not resolve the issue manually, go for the professional solution to remove duplicate emails within a few simple steps.