MS Outlook is the most famous email client among business organizations. It allows users to send and receive email messages and manage tasks, contacts, and calendars. Outlook provides outstanding features and high security in managing users’ data and privacy. However, numerous email clients support different file formats to save their data. As Outlook saves data in PST format, other email clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, and Entourage store their data in MBOX format.
Indeed, the MBOX file format is secure and reliable, but frequent users face several problems while dealing with MBOX format file data. As a result, they are shifting to Outlook Data File (.pst) from MBOX. PST has many benefits over MBOX. It leads users to convert MBOX to PST. Some merits of migrating Thunderbird to PST are mentioned below.
Benefits of Converting MBOX to PST
There are many benefits that users consider while importing MBOX Thunderbird to PST.
- PST files are less likely to crash and corrupt as compared to MBOX.
- Microsoft Outlook provides features rather than email clients who support MBOX file format.
- You can operate Outlook Data file (.pst) without an internet connection, but MBOX can’t run without the internet.
- Email Clients with the MBOX format are not preferred by organizations, because of their slow processing.
- MBOX files get easily corrupted due to internal issues that lead to file blockage.
- PST files are more secure and reliable than MBOX.
These are some benefits of PST files over MBOX file format that can’t be neglected. Fortunately, several methods can help you to convert MBOX to PST.
How do I change an MBOX file to a PST?
By these methods, you can easily import thunderbird to outlook. The first is the manual method and the second is the professional method. You can choose any of them at your convenience. Both manual and professional approaches are described in detail below.
Manual Method to Convert MBOX to PST Using Email Clients
Step 1:- Import MBOX to Outlook Using Apple Mail
- Open Apple Mail in your system.
- Select File >> Import Mailbox.
- Choose the source of the MBOX file, then hit Continue.
- Now, select the MBOX format on the browse location that you want to import and press Continue.
- Import the MBOX file to complete the process and click Done.
Step 2:- Convert Mailbox to PST Through Eudora
- First, you have to append the MBOX file extension to the imported file.(For example:- Change xyzMBOX to xyzMBOX.mbx.)
- Go to the Eudora Directory to move your file to the default location (C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora).
- Now, go to Eudora and double-click on xyzMBOX.mbx.
Step 3:- Use Outlook Express to Import MBOX to Outlook
- Run the Outlook Express, go to File >> Import >> Messages.
- Select Eudora from the presented list and hit the Next button.
- Now Open the xyzMBOX.mbx file that you saved earlier and hit the OK button.
- At this stage, follow the steps ahead to complete the import process.
Step 4:- Use Outlook to Import Mailbox
- Go to Outlook, open File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select the Import option to import the data from Outlook Express to Outlook.
- Click on the import from Another file and folder and hit the Next button.
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses and press Next.
- Choose “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, or window mail” and click the Next button.
- From the Browser, click on the file to Import and Export, then press Next.
- Click Finish after the completion of the process.
By simply following the above instructions, you can import Thunderbird to outlook. However, there are several disadvantages to the manual method that you should be aware of before opting for it.
Limitations of Manual Method
- The manual approach includes a variety of applications that are quite lengthy and time-consuming.
- If you are pursuing this approach, you must have the technical expertise to deal with the process.
- This process has a lot of complexities and sometimes that leads to data loss and file crashes.
- You can only convert a single file at a time cause it doesn’t import multiple files in bulk.
- Users can experience the alteration in their data while performing the manual process.
As you know, the manual method is very complex and hence not suitable for organizations and non-technical people. As a result, we are suggesting you use the automated way to convert MBOX to PST.
Automated Solution to Convert MBOX to PST
MBOX Converter is the best tool to import MBOX to Outlook. This software is the most reliable and 100% secure that maintains data integrity and also the original folder hierarchy. Users can import MBOX into many file formats like PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, HTML, TXT, MHT, etc. You can also export Email data to different email clients such as Thunderbird, Office 365, IMAP Server, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, Opera Mail, etc. It supports every version of Windows without any complications. Moreover, users can convert multiple files at once which saves time and effort.
Steps to Convert MBOX to PST Professionally
- Download the MBOX Converter and Install it on your computer/PC.
- Click on the Browse option, select single or Multiple folders to convert, and press the Open button.
- In this wizard, take a Preview of your selected files to confirm your data, then hit the Next button.
- Choose PST file format from the drop-down menu as your saving format.
- Now, you can select a particular date range to migrate specific emails by providing data in the Mail Filter.
- Provide a Custom Folder Name for your output folder.
- Click on the Path to save button and assign a destination location.
- Finally, press the Convert button to start the conversion process.
- After the process is completed, you can Download Report for future reference.
By following these simple steps you can convert MBOX to PST in less time without any hassle. It is the best way to migrate Thunderbird to PST.
In this above context, you can find the manual and professional manner to convert MBOX to PST. However, the manual approach is quite complicated and demands technical expertise. On the other hand, an automated solution is reliable and provides a user-friendly interface. Users can opt for any of the methods as per their needs but we suggest you use the professional practice. You can also try its free version to migrate emails in bulk.